TransWare offers a Business Intelligence Solution for reporting and analyzing model data
based on Enterprise Architecture (EA), Business Process Analyzing (BPA) or any Business Process Management (BPM) application. It is built upon the Microsoft Reporting Services included in the Microsoft SQL Server Standard Edition as part of the Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) Suite.
Our middleware is used to import model data from EA, BPA or any BPM product into the SQL database for reporting. Reporting Services use report templates with predefined data queries and sophisticated report layouts to be used by business users.
Web based enterprise model report (click to zoom)
The use of BI and Business Warehouse (BW) technologies in the web based solution simplifies reporting and lowers the costs for data analytics on the enterprise level. Report deliverables are generated on the server side using HTML, PDF, XML or Office output formats to be used further in Microsoft Excel® or Word®.
Alternatively, business users can directly access the reports online using Internet Explorer without any workstation deployment being needed. Organizations can distribute analytic reports to Business Users with no extra costs for end user licenses.
Because of the BI-/BW- based nature of this solution, data from a large variety of enterprise applications and business domains can be included in the Reporting Services.
For example, reports on business process models can be enhanced
Reporting Services User Interface
The user interface for end users is built upon easy-to-use web technology using Internet Explorer and predefined report templates. They are parameterized for maximum flexibility. Report templates are predefined query
masks. Thus, user does not need to know about how the data must be structured and analyzed.
Reporting Services Administration
Report template developers use Microsoft Visual Studio with a report plug-in to create and visually maintain them. Report templates are deployed in a centralized folder structure. This way, users with appropriate access rights can immediately execute the reports. Rights management is done using Active Directory or explicitly granted user rights.
Benefits and Profit
The benefits for this software solution are
- reduced costs for deployment, distribution and employment of reports in the domains of EA, BPA or BPM
- no costs for end user licenses
- BI environment that comes with the SQL Standard Edition with no extra cost
- lower costs for report development than usually needed for common report development with Java Script or Basic programming languages
- reduced costs for report template maintenance and modifications
- no training efforts for end users and less training efforts for report developers
- BI-/BW-based solution allows for reporting on arbitrary combinations of enterprise modeling and operational data
- flexible and easy rights management
- easy-to-use web-based interface for consultants and business users
- no deployment on end user workstations
quick access to up-to-date enterprise analytic data
Example report templates
The solution comes with a set of predefined report templates that can be modified for individual
- Example report templates are:
- Object Relationship
- Person Types and Transactions
- Orphan Transactions
- Function Consistency Check
- Groups and Models
- Model Link Guide
- Process Overview
- Model Objects
- Model Hub Elements